How to Wrap an Oversized Gift
If wrapping a gift seems daunting, wrapping an oversized gift might seem impossible. But, with just a few tricks and supplies, anyone can get a crisp, clean wrap on any-sized gift box.
One thing that’s a necessity here is double-sided tape for the sides. Other than that, wrapping an oversized box starts out like any other box. (Click here for instructions on wrapping a perfect gift.) For the best results, I find that a patterned paper helps to blend in the cover pieces on the sides of the box.
- Gift wrap
- Gift wrap tape
- Double-sided tape
- Choice of embellishments
2. Cut the paper to length.
3. Before wrapping the paper around the box, fold under one edge of the paper for a neat appearance.
4. Wrap the paper around the box and secure with at least two pieces of tape at the seam.
5. Fold down one end of the paper over the side of the box and crease the paper on the edge of the box. Place a piece of tape where to two edges of the paper meet, lightly tacking it to the box to hold it in place.
6. Holding the paper against the side of the box, make crisp creases creating a triangular shape on the two adjacent sides.
9. Repeat steps 5 through 8 on the other side of the box.
13. Place strips of double-sided tape along the edges of the cover pieces; place a cover piece on each side of the box.
You’re ready to embellish! For this wedding shower gift, I used black tulle and white tulle and included a pretty set of measuring spoons as a package topper.