10 Halloween Bathroom Updates Under $10 Each
This year I wanted to bring some Halloween style to my powder room, but I didn’t want to spend a ton of money–redoing the room earlier in the year ate up plenty of my house budget!
I was inspired by some black and white floral gift wrap that I had leftover from an event. That plus a similarly-patterned votive holder were the foundation of this transformation. Everything is budget-friendly and easy enough for even the un-craftiest home decorator. I used these ideas in the bathroom, but many of them translate easily into others areas of the home.
1. Stash existing artwork and replace it with BOO plaques ($9.50 each). See below for instructions.
3. Change the rug for a black bath rug such as the Room Essentials 20″x3″ rug ($9.99) from Target.
5. Spray paint a shapely bottle with black spray paint (about $7 at home improvement centers) to use as a vase. I used a salad dressing bottle, emptied and washed of course, and Krylon Fusion® spray paint in gloss black.
7. Embellish the mirror with glittery adhesive flourishes ($4.99 for a pack of 30) from Michaels craft store.
8. Trade out the hand towel for a black or Halloween embellished hand towel ($5 to $12) from retailers like Target, Home Goods, or Kohls.
9. Cover existing soap and lotion dispensers with black card stock (secured with double-sided tape) and a sticker with a Halloween-themed new name like “Claw Cleaner” and “Hand Potion.” (2.5 inch round vellum printable labels, $5.95 for 60 at www.paper-source.com)
10. Add black and white printed guest towels (about $5), found at retailers such as Party City and Bed, Bath and Beyond.
To make the BOO plaques
Remove the backing, mat and glass from an inexpensive black frame (about $4). Wrap the backing with black and white printed gift wrapping paper, securing with tape. Place the backing into the frame (save the mat and glass for later). Paint a pre-primed letter ($3 each at craft stores) with two or three coats of orange craft paint and allow to dry. Glue the letter to the plaque with hot glue. Embellish with a rhinestone flourish ($1 each) if desired.