Tie Up Spring Decorating with Scarves
The other day I met a business associate for coffee, and on my way back to my car I popped into Charming Charlie just to see what’s new. They were having a “2 for $20” deal on most scarves. That got my creative juices flowing! I love to decorate with scarves.
I found one that is gray, black and raspberry in a trendy suzani print–perfect for the living room.
I also turned the fun Stockholm bowl ($20 from Ikea) into a candle sconce by placing it on a plate holder and just setting a pillar in front. (It looks awesome at night!)
I still needed a second scarf for my “deal” at Charming Charlie. I looked around and almost gave up, but then I found a botanical print in hues of lime and aqua and I thought it would be great to wear.
But when I got home, I happened to set it down on the table in the foyer (when I was putting the other scarf on the console!) and thought – wait a minute! This looks great right here.
It looks great with the Bosphorus bowl from Pottery Barn, layered with river rock and moss, plus some spring branches and a rabbit ready for Easter.
So maybe I’ll wear the scarf someday. But for now it’s a great spring look.
Scarves make a great table runner or a topper for a decorator round table. More ways to use them in your decor:
- Tie two square scarves together and use as a decorative pillow cover.
- Use the scarf as a wall hanging, attaching it with 3M strips or, if it has fringe, tie the fringe to a few nails or hooks in the wall.
- Cotton bandanas can be used as napkins for a casual meal.
- Drape scarves over chairs, benches, or sofas — anywhere you need softness, pattern and color.
- Tuck a couple of scarves into your suitcase to liven up your hotel room.
Why not raid your scarf collection with a new perspective and see what might look fabulous in your home? Have fun with it.
That’s a wrap!